A Forum for Scholars of Nineteenth-Century British Literature
The Nineteenth-Century Colloquium is a working group of faculty, graduate students, and scholars whose research engages with British Anglophone literature and cultural production in the long nineteenth century.The colloquium aims to foster intellectual exchange through readings and guest lectures on distinguished recent work in the field. The collective also meets monthly to hold workshops (on article-writing, conference abstracts, syllabi, etc) and review work-in-progress by graduate members. Meetings are held Tuesdays & Thursdays, 4:15-5:45pm in Philosophy 302.
- : Guest lecture by Prof. Elisha Cohn (Cornell University)
- : Guest lecture by Prof. Simon Reader (CUNY-College of Staten Island)
- Frankenstein@200 lightning round table featuring Columbia English Department faculty (co-sponsored by Nineteenth-Century Colloquium, The Society of Fellows, and The Heyman Center) :
- : Guest lecture by Prof. Emily Steinlight (University of Pennsylvania)
- : Heyman Center lecture: Prof. Anne-Lise François (hosted by the Heyman Center
- : Guest lecture by Prof. Nathan Hensley (Georgetown)